State-record North Carolina archery buck among 2010 Dixie Deer Classic winners
|Photo by ANDY CRAWFORD|
Delaine Babb's 164-inch 8-point was among the winners of the 2010 Dixie Deer Classic. Babb's buck was named best Virginia Typical (gun) deer.
More than 750 deer had been scored with three hours remaining until the close of the show, an increase from 714 deer during all of last yearís show.
Included in the deer was a 166 6/8-inch animal that was awarded both the best North Carolina bow kill and Best of Show. The buck, killed by Andrew Kerman in Guilford County, also set the state typical archery record, according to show officials.
Click here for a video interview in which Kerman discusses the hunt.
Joining Kerman on the leaderboard, along with county or state in which the deer were killed and official net scores, were:
• North Carolina Typical (gun) – David Boroughs, Moore County, 162
• North Carolina Non-typical (gun) – Mark Ware, Bertie County, 168 5/8
• North Carolina Typical (muzzleloader) – Ashley Honeycutt, Ashe, 160 2/8
• North Carolina Non-typical (bow) – David Schnack, Franklin County, 161 3/8
• Best North Carolina Female (bow) – Ashely Prevatte, Chatham County, 114
• Best North Carolina Female (muzzleloader) – Linda Draheim, Wake County, 136 5/8
• Best North Carolina Female (gun) – Mary Preddy, Granville County, 142 7/8
• North Carolina Youth (uzzleloader) – Ashley Honeycutt, Ashe County, 160 2/8
• Best Youth (gun) – Trey Golden, Person County, 148
• Best Non-Hunting – Travis Manuel, Forsyth County, 147 6/8
• Physically Challenged – Michael Helbert, Caswell County, 167 6/8
• Virginia Gun (typical) – Delaine Babb, Virginia, 164
• Best in Virginia – Delaine Babb, Virginia, 164
• Best Non-North Carolina – Gregory Malpass, Ohio, 190 6/8
• Presidentís Award – Brent Marshall, Forsyth County, 160 5/8
• Presidentís Award – Chris Hensley, Kentucky, 175 2/8
A full photo gallery of the hunters with their deer will be posted tomorrow, so be sure and check back.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
North Carolina Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for North Carolina.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
North Carolina Sportsman is the information guide for North Carolina's most active hunters and fishermen.
Posted on November 11 at 6:00 pm by Dan Kibler
Posted on November 06 at 6:00 pm by Craig Holt
Posted on October 31 at 6:00 am by Mike Marsh
His luck got even better when his entry into North Carolina Sportsman’s Bag-A-Buck contest was drawn as the winner of the monthly contest for September.
Muehlbach will receive a gift certificate to the online Sportsman’s Outdoor Store and a year’s subscription to North Carolina Sportsman magazine.†">Chatham County hunter wins first monthly Bag-A-Buck contest
Posted on October 04 at 7:00 am by Dan Kibler
Posted on October 01 at 7:00 am by Craig Holt
|Reports / Forum|