Lexington men win Komen
High Rock gives up nice stripers in tournament
Josh Koontz and Jake Henderson won the Komen striper tournament with these two fish, which weighed 16.7 pounds.
Koontz and Henderson weighed in two stripers for a total of 16.7 pounds to take the first-place prize of $605.
Aaron Miller of Thomasville and Jim Merritt of Asheboro were a close second with 16.2 pounds, winning $338. Mark Morris of Lexington and Lane Bivens of Denton were third with 15.13, banking $233.
The tournament, sponsored by D&E Marine and presented by the Old North State Line Siders Striper Club, raised more than $1,300 for the Komen NC Triad Affiliate, which covers 11 counties in support of breast cancer research and treatment.
Butch Holder won the big-fish prize of $420 with a striper weighing 11.7 pounds. He received a bonus of $100 for releasing the fish alive thanks to the use of a striper tube.
Wright, Brown win three tournaments
on High Rock
David Wright and Chris Brown of Lexington won three-straight CATT Yadkin Fall/Winter Trail North Flight tournaments, taking home the top prizes on Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 events, plus the Dec. 15 season finale.
In the Dec. 15 event, they finished with five bass that weighed 22.35 pounds and took home $2,200.
Gerald Beck and Jerry Davis, also of Lexington, placed second with 19.31 pounds and took big-fish honors with a 5.65-pound bass. They received $1,140.
The Salisbury team of Howard Bean and Bobby Lovings ranked third with 19.11 pounds, winning $360.
The winning stringer that Wright and Brown weighed in on Nov. 24 was worth $525 and totalled 21.61 pounds. Doug Young of Salisbury and Steve Carlisle of China Grove were second with 13.61, winning $175. Chris Odom and George Baucom won $110 for the big fish, a 5.01-pounder.
On Dec. 1, Wright and Brown had a 23-pound limit that included the big fish, a 5.3-pound bass. Their total prize money was $700. Ronnie Smith and Randy Weddington of China Grove were second with 16.05, winning $180.
Carolina Coach & Marine Winter Trail
Lake Norman, Nov. 24.
1. Shane LeHew (Charlotte)-Adam West, 18.35; 2. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 17.05, and big fish, 6.50 pounds; 3. Hank Cherry (Maiden)-Craig Chambers, 15.50; 4. Jason Wilson-Kelly Logan, 15.00; 5. Matt Haywood (Lincolnton)-Donnie Cooper (Belmont), 14.20.
Lake Norman, Dec. 1
1. Nick Miller-Brandon Brickweg-Mac McCormick, 14.45, $2,000; 2. Hank Cherry(Maiden)-Craig Chambers, 14.25, $600; 3. Brian Thrift (Polkville)-Andy Montgomery (Blacksburg, S.C.), 12.05, $500; 4. David Cooke-Dakota Lineberger, 11.50, $300; 5. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 10.80, $220.
Lake Norman, Dec. 9
1. Shane LeHew (Charlotte)-Adam Waters, 12.35, $2,000; 2. Shane Hawkins-Mark Bolding, $600; 3. Mike Stephens-Hunter Hicks, 11.85, $500; 4. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 11.50, $300; 5. Hank Cherry (Maiden)-Shane Lineberger (Lincolnton), 11.00, $220. Big fish: Hawkins-Bolding, 4.75 pounds, $450.
STRIPED BASS TOURNAMENTS
Tarheel Striper Club, Lake Tillery, Dec. 8
1. Johnny Young-Mark Morris, 9.85; 2. Robert Steele (Lexington)-David Woodward (Charlotte), 5.90; 3. Mark Unrue-David Wilburn (Asheboro), 5.15; 4. Bobby-Joe Garner, 3.70.
Carolina Crappie Assoc. Fishing Creek, S.C., Nov. 17
1. Marty Kennington-Sam Kennington (Kershaw, S.C.), 11.49, $1,620; 2. Allen Outlaw (Camden, S.C.)-David Hinson (Lancaster,S.C.), 10.50, $810; 3. Tom Sprouse (Advance)-Glynn Sharon (Madison), 10.28, $396; 4. Nate Quan-Chad Grimm, 10.13, $342; 5. Kevin Hawkins (Ramseur)-Wayne Neice (Biscoe), 9.37, $252. Big fish: Sprouse-Sharon, 2.49-pound crappie, $195.
Carolina Angler’s Team Trail
Contact: www.catttrail.com Circle Drive, May 4 at High Rock/Tamarac, May 25 at Tuckertown/Flat Creek, June 6 at High Rock/Tamarac. Entry fee: $80, $30 membership fee per angler.
Yadkin Spring Trail
Jan. 26 at Badin/Circle Drive, Feb. 2 at Lake Tillery/Swift Island, March 10 at High Rock Lake/Tamarac, April 6 at High Rock/Tamarac, April 27 at Badin/Circle Drive
Carolinas Bass Challenge/North Carolina Division
Feb. 16 at Lake Norman, March 23 at Jordan Lake, April 20 at Falls of the Neuse, May 11 at Lake Hickory, June 1 at High Rock Lake. Final Sept. 14 at Lake Wylie.
Entry fee: $200 per team, $35 membership fee per person.
Adam & Eve Bass Tournaments
Contact: Ricky Clark, 336-461-2006
March 23 at Lake Tillery/Hwy. 24-27, April 13 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, May 11 at Tuckertown Lake/Hwy. 49 Landing, June 8 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, July 13 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, Aug. 10 at Lake Tillery/Hwy. 24-27, Sept. 14 at Tuckertown Lake/Hwy. 49 Landing, Oct. 12 at Badin Lake/Lakemont.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
North Carolina Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for North Carolina.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
North Carolina Sportsman is the information guide for North Carolina's most active hunters and fishermen.
Posted on July 01, 2013 at 7:00 am by Tony Garitta
Posted on June 04, 2013 at 9:00 am by Tony Garitta
Posted on May 06, 2013 at 9:00 am by Tony Garitta
Posted on April 01, 2013 at 7:00 am by Tony Garitta
Posted on March 01, 2013 at 7:00 am by Tony Garitta
|Reports / Forum|
March 01 at 10:37 am | 173 Views
March 03 at 8:00 pm | 145 Views
March 03 at 5:50 am | 92 Views
March 03 at 4:51 pm | 194 Views