Koontz and Henderson weighed in two stripers for a total of 16.7 pounds to take the first-place prize of $605.
Aaron Miller of Thomasville and Jim Merritt of Asheboro were a close second with 16.2 pounds, winning $338. Mark Morris of Lexington and Lane Bivens of Denton were third with 15.13, banking $233.
The tournament, sponsored by D&E Marine and presented by the Old North State Line Siders Striper Club, raised more than $1,300 for the Komen NC Triad Affiliate, which covers 11 counties in support of breast cancer research and treatment.
Butch Holder won the big-fish prize of $420 with a striper weighing 11.7 pounds. He received a bonus of $100 for releasing the fish alive thanks to the use of a striper tube.
Wright, Brown win three tournaments
on High Rock
David Wright and Chris Brown of Lexington won three-straight CATT Yadkin Fall/Winter Trail North Flight tournaments, taking home the top prizes on Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 events, plus the Dec. 15 season finale.
In the Dec. 15 event, they finished with five bass that weighed 22.35 pounds and took home $2,200.
Gerald Beck and Jerry Davis, also of Lexington, placed second with 19.31 pounds and took big-fish honors with a 5.65-pound bass. They received $1,140.
The Salisbury team of Howard Bean and Bobby Lovings ranked third with 19.11 pounds, winning $360.
The winning stringer that Wright and Brown weighed in on Nov. 24 was worth $525 and totalled 21.61 pounds. Doug Young of Salisbury and Steve Carlisle of China Grove were second with 13.61, winning $175. Chris Odom and George Baucom won $110 for the big fish, a 5.01-pounder.
On Dec. 1, Wright and Brown had a 23-pound limit that included the big fish, a 5.3-pound bass. Their total prize money was $700. Ronnie Smith and Randy Weddington of China Grove were second with 16.05, winning $180.
Carolina Coach & Marine Winter Trail
Lake Norman, Nov. 24.
1. Shane LeHew (Charlotte)-Adam West, 18.35; 2. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 17.05, and big fish, 6.50 pounds; 3. Hank Cherry (Maiden)-Craig Chambers, 15.50; 4. Jason Wilson-Kelly Logan, 15.00; 5. Matt Haywood (Lincolnton)-Donnie Cooper (Belmont), 14.20.
Lake Norman, Dec. 1
1. Nick Miller-Brandon Brickweg-Mac McCormick, 14.45, $2,000; 2. Hank Cherry(Maiden)-Craig Chambers, 14.25, $600; 3. Brian Thrift (Polkville)-Andy Montgomery (Blacksburg, S.C.), 12.05, $500; 4. David Cooke-Dakota Lineberger, 11.50, $300; 5. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 10.80, $220.
Lake Norman, Dec. 9
1. Shane LeHew (Charlotte)-Adam Waters, 12.35, $2,000; 2. Shane Hawkins-Mark Bolding, $600; 3. Mike Stephens-Hunter Hicks, 11.85, $500; 4. Larry-Troy LeHew (Charlotte), 11.50, $300; 5. Hank Cherry (Maiden)-Shane Lineberger (Lincolnton), 11.00, $220. Big fish: Hawkins-Bolding, 4.75 pounds, $450.
STRIPED BASS TOURNAMENTS
Tarheel Striper Club, Lake Tillery, Dec. 8
1. Johnny Young-Mark Morris, 9.85; 2. Robert Steele (Lexington)-David Woodward (Charlotte), 5.90; 3. Mark Unrue-David Wilburn (Asheboro), 5.15; 4. Bobby-Joe Garner, 3.70.
Carolina Crappie Assoc. Fishing Creek, S.C., Nov. 17
1. Marty Kennington-Sam Kennington (Kershaw, S.C.), 11.49, $1,620; 2. Allen Outlaw (Camden, S.C.)-David Hinson (Lancaster,S.C.), 10.50, $810; 3. Tom Sprouse (Advance)-Glynn Sharon (Madison), 10.28, $396; 4. Nate Quan-Chad Grimm, 10.13, $342; 5. Kevin Hawkins (Ramseur)-Wayne Neice (Biscoe), 9.37, $252. Big fish: Sprouse-Sharon, 2.49-pound crappie, $195.
Carolina Anglers Team Trail
Contact: www.catttrail.com Circle Drive, May 4 at High Rock/Tamarac, May 25 at Tuckertown/Flat Creek, June 6 at High Rock/Tamarac. Entry fee: $80, $30 membership fee per angler.
Yadkin Spring Trail
Jan. 26 at Badin/Circle Drive, Feb. 2 at Lake Tillery/Swift Island, March 10 at High Rock Lake/Tamarac, April 6 at High Rock/Tamarac, April 27 at Badin/Circle Drive
Carolinas Bass Challenge/North Carolina Division
Feb. 16 at Lake Norman, March 23 at Jordan Lake, April 20 at Falls of the Neuse, May 11 at Lake Hickory, June 1 at High Rock Lake. Final Sept. 14 at Lake Wylie.
Entry fee: $200 per team, $35 membership fee per person.
Adam & Eve Bass Tournaments
Contact: Ricky Clark, 336-461-2006
March 23 at Lake Tillery/Hwy. 24-27, April 13 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, May 11 at Tuckertown Lake/Hwy. 49 Landing, June 8 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, July 13 at Badin Lake/Lakemont, Aug. 10 at Lake Tillery/Hwy. 24-27, Sept. 14 at Tuckertown Lake/Hwy. 49 Landing, Oct. 12 at Badin Lake/Lakemont.