Early Migratory Bird Hunting Seasons Set by WRC
|Photo by Jerry Dilsaver|
The early N.C. Canada goose season begins on Sept. 1.
The following open dates and bag limits for the 2007-2008 hunting season were established:
* dove — Sept. 1-Oct. 6, Nov.19-24 and Dec. 17-Jan. 12; daily bag of 12 and possession limit of 24. (Shooting hours for doves are noon to sunset Sept. 1-8 and one half-hour before sunrise until sunset thereafter.)
* rails (king and clapper) — Sept. 1-Nov. 9; daily bag of 15 and possession limit of 30.
* rails (sora and Virginia) — Sept. 1-Nov. 9; daily bag and possession limit of 25.
* gallinule and moorhens — Sept. 1-Nov. 9; daily bag 15 and possession 30.
* woodcock — Dec. 14-Jan. 12; daily bag 3 and possession 6.
common snipe — Nov. 14-Feb. 28; daily bag 8 and possession 16.
* early season Canada goose — Sept. 1-29; daily bag 8 and possession 16, except in portions of Dare County on and around Roanoke Island, where the daily bag limit is 2 and possession limit is 4. (When west of U.S. Highway 17, shooting hours for Canada goose extend to ˝ hour after sunset during September only.)
* early season teal blue-winged, green-winged and cinnamon — Sept. 13-22 east of U.S. Highway 17 only; daily bag 4 and possession 8.
The Commission determines hunting seasons and bag limits for migratory birds based on guidelines from the U.S. Department of the Interior. After a series of public meetings during August, the Commission will establish seasons and limits for regular migratory waterfowl, including ducks and geese.
For a list of these dates visit the migratory bird seasons page on the Commission’s Web site, or call the Division of Wildlife Management at (919) 707-0050 for more information.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
North Carolina Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for North Carolina.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
North Carolina Sportsman is the information guide for North Carolina's most active hunters and fishermen.
Posted on September 12 at 1:00 pm by Mike Marsh
Posted on August 29 at 7:00 am by Dan Kibler
Posted on August 05 at 9:50 am by South Carolina Sportsman
Posted on July 15 at 7:00 pm by North Carolina Sportsman
Posted on January 01 at 10:48 am by Craig Holt
|Reports / Forum|