Ernest Stephens of Orrum earned an invitation to FLW’s BFL All-American by winning the co-angler division at the Oct. 25-27 Wild Card Tournament on Alabama’s Lake Guntersville.
Stephens had 5-fish limits weighing 11-3 and 18-9, finishing with 29-12 to win by more than a pound.
The first-place check was $2,346, but as important to Stephens is the berth in the All-American, which will be held in June on Tennessee’s Nickajack Lake.
Mike McDonald of Randleman was the top North Carolina finisher in the boater division with 17 pounds; he won $366.
Woodward, Steele win striper tourney at High Rock
David Woodward of Charlotte and Robert Steele of Lexington had a big day on High Rock Lake in mid-November, winning the Tarheel Striper Club tournament with a 3-fish catch that weighed 33 pounds.
Woodward and Steele also had the big fish in the Nov. 17 tournament, a 12.5-pound striper.
Russ Mitchell and Anne Mitchell of Lexington took second with 27.55 pounds, and Jerry Hill of Lexington finished third with 27.25.
Jim Karriker of High Point and Coy Hamilton of Lexington were fourth at 24.20, and Brad holder rounded out the top five at 21.85.
Lovings, Morgan win Yadkin Team Fishoff
Longtime partners Bobby Lovings of Salisbury and Dwight Morgan of Gold Hill won the Yadkin Team Tournament Fishoff on High Rock Lake.
Lovings and Morgan had a 5-fish catch of 20.17 pounds in the Nov. 3 tournament to take home the $1,000 first prize.
Thomas File and Tom Ludwick of Salisbury were second with 18.3, winning $625; and David Wright and Chris Brown of Lexington were third with 16.35, worth $400.
Brown and Wright won the season points championship, taking home another $5,000
JB’s Piedmont Bass Classic
Shearon Harris Lake, Oct. 28
1. Rick Ohlson-Joey Davis (Garner), 19.43; 2. Chad Craven (Raleigh)-Tommy Farley (Colonial Heights, Va.), 10.63, $180. Big fish: Ohlson-Garner, 6.01 pounds, $126.
Piedmont Bass Classics Fall Championship
Shearon Harris Lake, Nov. 4
1. Hal Abshire (Cameron)-Ethan Cox (West End), 15.91, $1,700; 2. Jerry Marshburn (Sanford)-Allan Parker (Linden), 15.79, $520; 3. Jay Garrard (Durham)-Mark Herndon (Bahama), 15.69, $280. Big fish: Marshburn-Parker, 7.73 pounds, $140. Points champions: Chad Craven (Raleigh)-Tommy Farley (Colonial Heights, Va.), each received a JB Custom Rod.
Bill Johnson Memorial Fall Bass Tournament
Badin Lake, Oct. 27
1. Phil Louya-David Hilton (Thomasville), 19.30, $350; 2. Brad Williams (Oakboro)-Mark Laxton (Albemarle), 18.85, $200; 3. Jeremy Talbert (Albemarle)-Tod Haynes (Concord), 18.20, $150. Big fish: Billy Reynolds (Star)-Lewis Brown (Asheboro), 5.30 pounds, $240.
Carolina Coach & Marine WInter Trail
Lake Norman, Nov. 11
1. Hank Cherry Maiden)-Shane Lineberger (Lincolnton), 13.25, $2,000; 2. Nick Miller (Terrell)-Mac McCormick, (Huntersville), 12.35, $660; 3. Phillip Frady-Robert Webb, 11.10, $560; 4. Michael Bryant (Thomasville)-Michael Hedgecock (High Point), 11.10, $360; 5. Jeff O’Conner-Joshua Goode, 10.85, $280; 6. Drew Montgomery (Mooresville)-Ken Seagle (Salisbury), 10.30, $220; 7. Johnny Allen-Bobby Gill, 10.00, $180; 8. Klaus Hadschin-Wayne Houser (Mooresville), 10.00, $100; 9. Scott Hamrick (Denver)-Roger Hoover (Mooresville), 9.65, $80. Big fish: Frady-Webb, 5.15 pounds, $500.
CATT Yadkin North Flight Winter Trail
HIgh Rock Lake, Nov. 10
1. Todd Shoaf (Linwood)-Gary Cline (Lexington), 21.80, and big fish, 6.35 pounds, $760; 2. Doug Young (Salisbury)-Steve Carlisle, 19.65, $200.
CATT Yadkin South Flight Winter Trail,
Lake Tillery, Nov. 11
1. Rob Stover-Billy Reynolds, 8.35, $295. Big fish: Roy-April Barrow, 4.41 pounds, $40.
Wylie CATT Qualifier 2
Lake Wylie, Nov. 10
1. Tony Russell-Doug Gilmer, 12.37, $464; 2. Gordon Smith-Jared Kimak, 9.29, $120. Big fsh: Ryan Hinkle-Joe Whiteside, 4.93 pounds, $56.
Lake Norman CATT Qualifier 2
Lake Norman, Nov. 10
1. Jody Wright-James Dyer, 12.22, and big fish, 3.77 pounds, $310.
Carolina Crappie Association
Blewett Falls Lake, Oct. 20
1. Nate Quan-Chad Grimm, 9.50, $1,512, and big fish with a 2.31-pound crappie, $182; 2. Kevin Hawkins (Ramseur)-Wayne Neice (Biscoe), 9.36, $733; 3. Ed Duke-Keith Manus (Concord), 9.30, $369; 4. David-Phenice Perrel(Germanton), 8.88, $319; 5. Phillip Barnhardt-Matt Hager, 8.25, $235; 6. Dennis Morgan (Catawba, S.C.)-Nelson Henderson (S.C.), 8.20, $168.
Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Weekend Series
April 6 At High Rock Lake out of Tamarac Marina; May 25 at Kerr Lake out of Nutbush Creek; June 29 at Lake Norman out of Midway Marina; July 27 at Lake Wylie out of Ebenezer; Sept. 14-15 at High Rock Lake out of Tamarac Marina.
Angler’s Choice Team Tournament Trail/N.C. Division
March 9 at High Rock, March 24 at Lake Gaston, April 7 at Smith Mountain Lake, April 28 at Kerr Lake, June 22 at High Rock Lake, June 30 at Kerr Lake. Classic: Oct. 12-13 at Kerr Lake.
|These three nice stripers gave David Woodward of Charlotte (left) and Robert Steele of Lexington a winning, 33-pound catch in the Tarheel Striper Club tournament on High Rock Lake in mid-November.|
northcarolinasportsman.com is a supplement to North Carolina Sportsman Magazine.
Copyright © 1999 - 2015 North Carolina Sportsman, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.